Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Long Awaited CD Party

A few weeks ago, Pat and I hosted a 'CD party' with the CD party crew. For those who don't know what a CD party is... CD parties are little 'get togethers' where all guests are required to make a mix CD that follows a predetermined theme. From there, we eat food, drink wine, listen to the songs we have complied, and have educated discussion about the music (ha!)

This CD party was a long awaited event, as Pat and I have been super busy and delayed our hosting of the party for about 6 months (way too long). I suppose that we have to say, in retrospect, that it was worth the wait because it turned out to be a great evening. The theme of this party was 'dead artists,' so each person had a bring a compilation of 5 songs by dead artists of their choosing. There were some great selections (which I have listed a few of the artists below), but more than anything it fun to be together and share each other's company. I even insisted in a group shot, which took a few tries....



Marvin Gaye, Mark Sandman (Morphine), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Freddy Mercury (Queen), Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon), Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Kurt Cobain (Nirvana), Dan Hartman, Rick James, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Warren Zevon, Alex Chilton (Big Star), Karen Carpenter (The Carpenters), Bradley Nowell (Sublime), Dusty Springfield, John Denver, Isaac Hayes

No comments: