Hey everyone in the world that reads this!
So what is there to say about blogging?? I am not really sure, but I think it can be very fun and funny.
I will write about memorial day, or rather the whole weekend in Chicago and Minnesota. First off, if you have not taken a mega bus, do so! For $52.00, I was able to spend 14 hours on a bus and 7 of which was spent talking to a Japanese exchange student. I was also able to catch up on my music void and listened to tons of awesome cd's I have forgotten about(wilco, supersuckers, pavement, blink 182, etc...), but honestly the best part of riding on the megabus was watching new movies! I saw the new Star Trek (still dorky but very entertaining) and Paul Blart, Mall Cop. You could seriously turn watching Paul Blart into a crazy drinking game, such as taking a drink every time the bad guys do unnecessary back flips on skateboards and BMX bikes! I loved the movie though and Kevin James has an epic performance.
Anywho, Chicago was ridiculous and I hung out with Shan and Ali for a couple hours in the afternoon. I think we walked a great big circle through woods, canals, busy streets and other natural and man made structures that exist in downtown Chicago. We made our walk seem like an epic journey, I am relieved and surprised not one of us was swallowed by a gigantic lizard or we had to fend off the feared and armed "ghost of Hary Kary"
After departing from the ladies I found the hotel and promptly went to the nearest dive bar (rossie's) for a much needed Miller Light. From this time on until 4 am much hilarity ensued, McMenomy insisted he sweated through his undershirt, I met Mike Jones's college buds, we went to a dance club/chill out bar, and I rode in a cab for the first time in who knows how long.
POINT - Chicago is a crazy town and if you don't take care of Chicago, Chicago won't take care of you. Be gentle, respect all that it offers but don't become a braggart and think you own the town. That is when children get hurt and old ladies cry. I respected Chicago thankfully.
Once I made my way back to the cities I went to a fun BBQ at the Carl/Meg residence and consumed a scary amount of food. The brats were great, the potata salad was cold and the beer manageable (after such an epic night). Good times were had by all, I think the only thing that could have made the night any better was if Matthew McHUNKahey showed up shirtless playing an acoustic guitar with fellow tranquillo buddy Jack Johnson.
On to Monday, golfing in Red Wing. That's all. it's amazing down there, my golf game was not. End of story. By the way, my bro Matt has got to be the most entertaining person to golf with. Never have I seen anyone hit a drive off of a "handmade"tee before. Had I been more awake I would have been more alert to the craziness that was going on around me.
Meisville was the real highlight of the morn'. We stopped at King's Place and I tell you what, burgers are the name of the game and it was my turn to roll the dice. I got the "triple play" and half cried, half laughed as I devoured this amazing creation. The other great thing about this bar is they actually have Hamms on tap! We did the Grandpa Dan salute and dutifully dashed salt into our beers. If you have not done this before, try it. The cascade of salt mixing with the carbonated beer is a glorious sight everyone must see in their lifetime.
After Meisville we went back and had another epic BBQ at my rent's house, always in the spirit to honor our troops overseas who have sacrificed so much. The Korean barbecue ribs were perfect and my love affair of artichokes was passionately rekindled (watch of Dee!!)
Since I have written a ton already I will leave you all with this public service announcement - Next time a bartender takes your ID and says you have to wait to order a beer because the "computer in back" is taking a while to scan your information, don't believe him. And make fun of his ponytails.
Go Chicago!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment