February is my favorite month, and it did not disappoint this year! Here's what we've been up to, and what we've learned from it all....
- Doggy Sitting- we spent a long weekend with some really well trained, awesome, and adorable dogs. While it was a super fun time (and something we totally would do again) the whole responsibility thing may not be for us right now... eeps!
- Superbowl Game- we had a great night watching the game at Anne & James' house with a few others. We realized that turning the volume up on the commercials and down during the game promotes fun and socialization.
- Misc. Cooking- I spent many evenings researching recipes and trying new ones out.... and I have discovered an infinite love for our new food processor. Pat has once again discovered an infinite love of food.
- Night Skiing- Pat and I organized a little birthday party for ourselves at Trollhaugen, skiing from 8pm-3am. While rocking the 'ski-look', I realized that I am still not a skier. I am totally going to speak for Pat and say he may have realized his potential to become a ski-bum.
- Olympics- we watched the Olympics at a variety of local establishments over the past few weeks. I decided that the Winter Olympic sports seem extremely dangerous, and the only one that I would consider to attempt would be curling (it is the SAFEST, and given my age, the only one I still have a chance at).
- Wild Beasts- we headed to 1st Ave. on a Wednesday night to watch Wild Beasts (this odd band from the UK)... and was an awesome, awesome show. We learned that 10pm for an opening band was a little too late, even for an awesome show.
- Coffee- we are religious morning (and afternoon) coffee drinkers. This month, I have noted there is nothing better than Pat making the coffee as I fly around getting ready for work.
- Swim Meet- Pat and I attended a grade school swim meet. We learned that nothing is cuter than kindergarteners getting 'professionally' set on the blocks and then flopping into a pool for a 25 meter swim.
- Westside- we danced the night away to the funniest funk band with good friends and family. It became known that Pat would hurt my feelings if he ever decided to stop dancing with me (even if for just one dance)!
We hope that you are staying both busy and cozy these last winter months... spring is just around the corner!
1 comment:
Yes! Pat - there is a longstanding Scheeman - (now Dougherty) tradition of brewing coffee for our wives. Your grandpa and I actually choose to do it the night before; so our lovely ladies (or Seamus, in my case) simply have to press the button to start the magic.
Glad to see you are joining the tradition. Anne has been so nice as to be milk and sugaring my coffee in the morning, however - that's awfully nice.
Post a Comment