The drive was relatively uneventful, but it was fun. I ended up driving through Chicago and Pat drove the remainder of the way. We listened to a ton of fun CD's from college/grad school and discussed random things. My favorite quotes from Pat included, 'I am smiling because I am nervous' (in response to the fact that we were about to run out of gas somewhere in the middle of Indiana) and 'I can only read your mind when you're not talking' (hmmm...)
Pat and I arrived in Huron, and were greeted by my parents who were waiting to have drinks and dinner with us. Dad had made homemade chicken and garlic pizza, which we have decided is the most wonderful, almost healthy pizza ever. It was great to chat and catch up, I think it was most needed. We ended up heading to bed early, as the following day both of the parents were working.
The following day, I visited mom at work and was able to meet her colleagues and the student she works with. It was pretty fun, and definitely cool to see mom in action. Upon returning home, dad arrived and we began the cribbage tournament. I was not lucky and don't really want to talk about it. Pat and I ended up making our 'fancy mac' for dinner, which was well received by mom and dad. I should also note that Dad and Pat made some-sort of fish that, by all reports, was excellent (I of course did not have any, and I think the degree to which I hate fish is entertaining to my parents). That night Pat and I showed my parents how to play 'Apples to Apples' and we ended up staying up until 2:00am. It was super funny, and I was totally surprised by how much both of my parents liked the game (I almost figured it would be one of those crazy Danielle games).
Brian and Lisa rolled in on Saturday. In true Boucher fashion, the cribbage tournament continued. Brian and I were teammates, and we were definitely working 'harder' than Pat and Dad (haha). It ended up being a great afternoon. Later on, Pat and I made curry (my new passion) for the crew. We attempted a walk after dinner, but no one made it very far. We returned home for more fun and games (literally). Altogether, it was a wonderfully relaxing day.
On Sunday, we woke early for Palm Sunday mass, which began by parading around the church with our palms. I attempted to remain composed during mass; however, the palms were rather distracting, I suppose especially distracting as I was being attacked from the right and left by the boys. After mass, we headed back home and gorged ourselves with a great egg bake for brunch courtesy of mom and dad. We then headed down to Canton to see Brian and Lisa's house and attend Lisa's baby shower. The shower was fun and certainly got us more into baby mode. I suppose we are all so excited to meet the new family addition; I am working on cementing my role as the 'wacky aunt' and might buy some hats. It was also cool to hang out Brian and Lisa's place... (congrats to them as new home owners!) although we were not able to stay long. We arrived back in Huron early in the evening. Pat ended up helping Dad find a new project, scanning old family photos, and I think Dad is going to be addicted (and I should say it is an excellent project to undertake as we have so many photos!)
Monday was our drive home. It was not as easy of a drive, for no particular reason; maybe just because the way home is always a bit less exciting?!?! I suppose that it did feel good to get home, even after such a great trip. We must thank Mom and Dad; they are always so hospitable, fun, and insightful. It is fun to spend time together and get to know the parents as adults (dare I say that Pat and I are adults!?!?)
In closing, here's a photo of Lisa. She is looking great and even more importantly feeling good. We are so happy for both Brian and Lisa, and excited for their new role as parents. 'Yay' to 'Baby Bouch,' most certainly a future Browns fan (the poor kid...)!!
1 comment:
Dee you didn't forget much, but fail to say about the skunk you reseved.
Post a Comment