Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In Celebration of Summer

This year for Memorial Day, Pat and I were up at the cabin. We took full advantage of the long weekend and warm weather! Here's a quick glance at some of the happenings...
  • A mighty man project
  • Runs on the road
  • Gin and tonics
  • Chats with a few family members
  • A few afternoon 'knock-out' naps
  • A bike to Dorset, margaritas, and a bike home
  • Tenting
  • Taking a hot tub or two
  • Bean bags
  • Jerimiah Weed
  • Sunbathing on the beach
  • Cheeseburgers
  • A kayak tour
It was such a excellent weekend. I am now certain that Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays! Let the summer begin!

2 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

Note - there was no swimming for D, as she fears the water.

Pat and Dee said...

I swear I don't fear the water!! Here is a little list of things at that I do fear:
1. Snapping turtles in cold water
2. Children splashing cold water
3. Being in cold water
Hahahaha! I am a wimp!!