Friday, June 18, 2010

Kevin and Kristina's Wedding Weekend

Last weekend, Pat and I had the pleasure of attending Kevin and Kristina's wedding in Chicago. This wedding was the first one we have attended since ours, and we were more than ready for it. Beyond that, Kevin and Kristina are an awesome, fun couple... so we knew that it was going to be an epic celebration!!

We started the weekend by heading to Mark and Ellen's house in Milwaukee. There were greeted by beers, yard games, and this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ&feature=related (can we say foreshadowing to a crazy wedding weekend?!?! yes!!!)

The following day the four of us headed to Chicago. The wedding was on the south side, and in true Marquette friends fashion, we were a bit late (I should note that we as a group are always late to weddings). The mass was at a Croatian church, and the priest was very cool and had a great accent. For example, when saying 'do you promise to love your wife all the days of your life' the priest said, 'do you pwomise to wove your wife all the days of your wife.' As you know, I am not one to poke fun at accents or speech issues, but this was pretty funny... especially when seated in church next to Pat and Mark.

From there we went on a tour of the south Chicago suburbs trying to find our hotel. Upon checking in, we headed to the bar to meet up with Dave and Stephanie. It was great to have some time to chat and catch up. Eventually, we were shuttled to the reception, where were were the night flew by with more of the Marquette crew, bag pipes, a shot table, a kicking contest, drinks, flip books, and excessive dancing. Amazing. I suppose the evening can be best told in photographs:











Oh I suppose I can't resist, I have to post these as well:




The following day, Mark, Ellen, Dave, Stephanie, Pat, and I headed to Baker's Square for a much needed breakfast. From there, we had to depart. Pat and I had planned on meeting up with Simmons and Dan from grad. school. We had a slight problem in that we did not have a map and completely forgot the Garmin, and were faced with the big city of Chicago trying to navigate our way to the Lincoln Park neighborhood. Luckily, Dan was able to direct us to his neighborhood right on Michigan Ave. so we WERE able to meet up. It was great to catch up over coffee with such a fun couple.

Eventually, Pat and I had to make the drive back to the cities... which was not sounding pleasant at the time, but turned out to be quite fun. We listened to country radio stations and stopped at the Norske Nook for pie (yum:). Fun, fun, fun summer times!!


No comments: