Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fender Bender

Today, I got into my first car accident ever. No worries, it was a fender bender and no one was injured; however, it was still a little traumatic. Here was the situation:

I borrowed Pat's car and spent the morning shopping for a winter coat, as this October has been unusually cold. I decided to head back to Pat's around noon in order to pick up a few things. There was a ton of traffic exiting 94 to Hennepin (not unusual). Instead of waiting at the light, cut though the liquor store lot, and turned onto South Colfax. Suddenly, I notice this silver car has pulled out of the Aguia lot, is driving next to me, and is about to run into Pat's car. I started beeping (something I never do) to announce my presence, but it was too late. The silver car totally drove into Pat's driver's side door. We both pulled over and assessed the damage... and for sure Pat's car looks wackier than it did before. However, the woman who hit me, Linda, was really interesting. Turns out she was just leaving her belly dancing class to finish some errands, and totally admitted that she was not watching. We decided to call the police and exchange information. I hunted for Pat's insurance card and was unable to find it. My phone was dead, but I was able to turn it on just for a minute to tell Pat where I was and what I needed. He met up with Linda and I, and we waited around for a long while (and it was cold)... then decided that we didnt need the police and headed home.

It definitally was the best of a bad situation, still shocking. Beyond that, I feel a bit guilty about denting Pats car (boo). So much for an uneventful Saturday!

1 comment:

jdoughe3 said...

I want to read the stag reading! Seriously, please, please!

Glad you're ok!