Thursday, October 15, 2009

Under the One Month Mark

This past week has been ridiculously exciting (and we are under one month until the wedding)....

It began with my parents selflessly visiting the Twin Cities at our request. They arrived in St. Paul late Friday afternoon, bearing gifts of home-made pickles, hot pepper relish, and even an Apache prayer. Given the crazy cold weather (and snow), it was the perfect evening for some hearty comfort food; I was ecstatic to have them over for dinner (I had spent the night before and Friday morning cooking and baking). We ended up spending a relaxing evening indoors, wining, dining, and sharing our 'wedding finds.' It is way too much fun catching up with the parents, and they are always a great time.

On Saturday, Pat's parents invited all of us over for brunch... mimosas, bloody Marys, and eggs Benedict (an excellent meal to discuss wedding details). After we all had much needed 'food coma recovery naps', we began our evening attending church and stopping for a quick coffee recharge. We then headed to Dan and MJ's house for our 'Casual German' engagement party. It was wonderful to have my parents meet the Schneeman clan and some of our friends. I am beginning to think that any occasion that includes Schneemans, Bouchers, and friends is going to be a success; we are all just too much fun (haha). I must say that it was extremely generous of Dan and MJ to host such a party. Pat and I think it was super special... many thanks to Dan, MJ, and all those at the party! (see photos below)

My parents left early Sunday morning. It was rather unfortunate, but I did not see them before their trek back to Ohio... I had way too much fun at the party and slept though their call (oops!) As much as they didn't seem to mind, I wasn't very happy with myself. Pat and I were so happy to have them in town, and it was just a bit weird not having a 'regular' good bye. I suppose it doesn't matter, as Guild said, 'we'll see you in a month.' Either way, thanks to Mom and Dad for the fun visit! I spent the remainer of the day recovering, but completely rejuvenated by the party in completing wedding tasks. Mrs. Schneeman then invited us for Sunday dinner (it was a delight) and we were able to catch up with Matt. We spent the evening in the basement, eating and watching the Twins fall to the Yankees (unfortunate, but expected... Pat's says I am negative).

The work week was less eventful, but fun nonetheless. I got back to aerobics and Pat got back to band practice. We spent one evening watching Mitch Hedberg videos while cutting and stamping placecards. Another evening we planned our wedding mass, entertaining ourselves with Old Testament readings. I must include a portion of the reading Pat like's best (as you are reading it, please picture Pat using one of his silly voices and comical facial expressions). I swear we are not heathens, it is just too funny to omit.

Hark! My lover-here he comes
springing across the mouthing,
leaping across the hills.
My lover is like a gazelle,
or a young stag.
Here he stands behind our wall,
gazing through windows,
peering through lattices.
My lover speaks; he says to me,
'Arise, my beloved, my dove, my beautiful one, and come!'

In closing, I have to say this next week and upcoming month is going to be equally eventful. We are looking forward to suit shopping, Fritzie's Christening, wine/recipe shower with the Schneeman ladies, and our wedding.

There will be more to post, much more!

No comments: