It has been a while since I wrote a blog and Danielle's recent entries provided me some motivation to get off my duff and post some stuff.
So many things happen in your life over a short period of time, but I will try and touch on some of them:
First off, the weather has turned from semi desirable to epic over the past month. I actually got a little sunburned on Easter weekend! Yay! Jogging outside has been more fun, I started a downtown St. Paul route with some Securian Brohams (Jared and Streeps), hopefully I can conquer the "Mounds Loop" in reverse by the summer's end.
Dee and I went to Guild and Mary's a couple weekends ago (Dee wrote about it extensively), but I will say that the cribbage board got it's fair use. One thing I wanted to mention is that, like the Butler Duke game (if Butler had won, darn), I had come back to beat Danielle in an improbable comeback final hand that was a 16 pointer. I will not elaborate on the games I lost.
The Gough family came up from Chicago to celebrate Easter weekend and they showed us an awesome time. By the way, isn't the host supposed to entertain the guests?? I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'. We headed to the Moose on Friday night for a very subdued, pious and simple meal of beers and walleye tacos, along with walleye bites and french fries. It was great to catch up with the family and congratulate Charlie and Kirsten (they got engaged) and we headed over to my parents for more beer, darts and the boss!
Well Saturday ended up being just as awesome as Friday. I can say this as a fact because now we had Darts, a back yard, a sound system and shaken up beer cans. I believe this is a recipe for success! Aunt Erin and Uncle Nick were very generous to have the Schneeman clan over for Brats and some of the best cheesy potatoes in the land. Aunt Mary also made buffalo chicken dip which held me captive for at least 30 minutes and reduced me to a snarling animal.
Nicky's house is great for Jenga and shots of rum, I think it's also probably a sweet place for dance parties, maybe I'll find out in the near future.
Some other quick things - my band had a show at O Gara's a couple weeks ago, thanks everyone for coming out! We purposely billed the show with a soft jazz band to make us look better.
-Dee and I are going to the DOSH concert on Friday, an epic present from Danielle to me which I am more than excited about.
-Bob and James are helping me build some road bike wheels, I am in charge of ordering pizza and watching Bob work.
-John and I are getting close to finishing my dirt jumper too!
OK, here are some random pictures that I think are funny, etc


No comments:
Post a Comment