Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Afternoon, Not Pretending

So I have been a wee bit neglectful of posting on the blog, here is my input. Skinner's was epic on Monday, thanks to Brent for helping get the awards drafted. My favorite part of the evening (besides eating the fried chicken) was awarding John Rajkowski the "meat sweats" award. You will have to ask John personally what that even means!

One important thing happened to me this week that will surely change my life forever; I got a big screen TV! If you don't believe me, come on over and we can watch DVD's of Led Zeppelin or SNL's "Best of Adam Sandler". It is true, the TV is gigantic and I feel a tad inferior next to it's monstrous 60 inch screen. Actually my record player, Herb is the one with inferiority complex, he doesn't have the high resolution or even a remote control to keep up with Mitzi (my new tv's name). I just keep telling Herb to stay positive, everyone still loves spinning records and to be honest, no new fancy technology can make the "Stone's" sound like they do on ol' Herb.

So my apartment now has the old and the new of gadgets. Having the fancy new stuff is awesome, but it sometimes makes me feel like an indigenous person seeing an airplanes fly overhead for the first time. I get scared then I think we're being punished by the gods.

Would it be crazy to get cable?? Whoa horsey, I shouldn't get carried away with all of my "progressive thoughts". I think I will stick to what I know for now; breakfast burritos, records, basic TV skills and running.

Other than my random tangent at the end, the other exciting thing we have been up to is the Bavarian Blast in New Ulm which I will have to write about in another post. I will quickly say that even though we were at a German festival all weekend, the only beer I drank was Primo (Premium) Lights!!

Have an epic weekend! Pablo

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ah, how I miss my John!