I totally should not be the one writing this blog entry, as last night was the last softball game, and the only one that I made it to, but I am going to anyway because it was an awesome evening.
Everyone was in prime party mode, fueled by the season's only win, when I arrived at Skinner's after the game. Patrick was passing out member awards that he and Brent (another team member) had thought up; each had a title (like 'most improved') and then a witty little paragraph explaining why the member was recieving said award. For example, Samar, our friend from Nepal recieved the 'most improved award,' as he had never played softball and grew up playing a similar sport, cricket. The awards were awesome, totally creative, and completely Pat's style. I am pretty sure that everyone enjoyed them. The evening continued with beer, pizza, chatting, champagne, and (yes) a toast to Skinner's by Eric.
I have to say that I was totally impressed at how this team has grown to include a variety of folks, all willing to play bar league softball and drink beer on a Monday night (haha). I suppose I am joking, but I do know that it can be a challenge to comit to something during the work week. Way to go team! Way to go Skinners! Way to go Pat (the 'man' ager)!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you forgot the epic cup cakes! :D
Post a Comment