We are looking a bit intimidated, aren't we. Yes we are, and for a good reason. This weekend, we began making wedding invites... eeps!
I purchased all the necessary items on Friday morning, and was super excited to begin the process. I have always loved crafty projects, and I thought this would be no different. As I worked through the afternoon, I began to realize that making invites is quite an undertaking due to the number needed and my prefectionistic tendancies. I have to say I was totally enjoying myself... there is just something about putting on a mind-numbing television show, just attacking a project, and spending a day indoors (it's almost relaxing, but I might be singing a different tone as I start to run short on time).
Patrick came over after work to find me completely engrossed in my invite project and unable to tear me from it. We ended up opening a bottle of wine (dangerous when working with paper items) and ordering take out Thai food. Project, wine, and Thai... obviously, it was a day of my favorite things. I am not sure that Pat would agree, but he was awesome about helping. First, Pat attempted to do some glueing, but then decided that glueing was not his forte; it was a little messy. So he ended up folding million blue envelopes (and they all passed my detailed inspection... haha).
By the end of the evening, we had 50 invites started and realized that we had quite a few to go. Being a speech pathologist and total nerd, I broke the task into specific goals and objectives... They are as follows (haha):
Long Term Goal: Send out invites by September 14th
Objective 1: Make blue pockets, cut green paper, and glue on green backing by August 22nd
Objective 2: Print off actual invite and inserts on or before August 22nd
Objective 3: Party with the St. Paul chicas to continue with assembly (i.e., cutting, inserting, glueing, stamping) August 22nd and 24th (if needed)
Objective 4: Address envelopes and send invites out by September 14th
By the end of the evening, I was totally appreciating the friends/family members who offered to help us with the invite process (you guys are awesome), happy to accept their offers.... and maybe even feeling a bit less intimidated by the the entire task. Besides, making invites is a good excuse to get the ladies together and drink wine (as though we need one). Whee, can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment